August 25, 2013

For all the Moms........

Hi everyone!  It's that time of year - school is starting!  It's been more than a few years for me, but I remember how it felt to get the kids off to school and FINALLY have a day all to myself!  So I made you all a card in celebration of that first day:


I kept the design pretty simple, just did a little paper-piecing, using papers from Basic Grey Bowties and Echo Park A Walk in the Park, and added some die-cut clouds and twine.  I used these TCM stamps:


Vintage Rides

and Sweet Birthday (Celebrate)

Sweet Birthday

Enjoy, Moms!  Do something special for yourself - you deserve it!!  

6 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Ohhh super, SUPER, cute!! Your paper piecing is wonderful and the twine and clouds with sky and grass separation look amazing. Yes...it IS nice to have the house to myself...ahhhh..LOL. Beautiful card Lin!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job and so cute and clever!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Lisa Elton said...

VERY cute card Lin! I love this fun plane and the paper piecing is fabulous!!

Pam W Merwin said...

What a cutie ;)I remember those first days of school and getting everyone ready including myself. Since I was teacher, my sweet husband always took our girls to school their first day since I had to be at my school greeting my new ones. It was always "whew" - now breathe :)

Iris said...

Cute card and cute stamp sets. Love the bicycle.

joy said...

Super cute card, Lin! Love these fun stamps.